APPLIANCE FIRE

Posted on November 2, 2012

At 2:23pm companies were dispatched to the 1100 block of Korfitsen Road for a possible structure fire. Police units arrived to a smoke condition in a 2 story residential home. Arriving fire units found the source to be a paper shredder which had caught fire when power was restored to the home. The fire was extinguished and the home was ventilated of all smoke.



We take this opportunity again to remind residents that restoration of electricity to your home may cause a surge which can cause plugged in items to catch fire. All items should be unplugged unless properly hooked up to a surge protector.